Wednesday, June 29, 2011

written June 13th 2011

One week to the pageants for Miss Universe Canada 2011 in Toronto, Ontario.
Today I have flown to Ontario where I am visiting my family before heading to the week long pageant festivities.
The last few months in Vancouver have been enlightening and motivating, it has been a time of gathering and growth...a fun challenge to get everything ready for being in this pageant opportunity.
I would like to give the greatest of thank you's to all my sponsors, many have been added to the list during these final weeks of preparing and each one has been chosen because of the quality and uniqueness of its store, product and service.
Thank you to Kalena Shoes of Commercial drive, who gave me a nice discount to buy the most beautiful shoes for my evening gown. When I found them, I know they 'were the ones'. I have never had that feeling before, except when also finding my dress of course. :)
Also special thanks to Dress in Tyme, a beautiful shop with accessories and dresses for original style and some less costly, yet stunning jewellery. (Located in city square at 12th and Cambie)
Thank you to Janet's Custom Framing (4th avenue and dunbar), who gave me a discount to mount my canvas artwork, which was printed by Disc Imaging (3rd avenue and quebec st.)
Thanks again to all my sponsors who have provided generous, kind and high quality service (Kalev Fitness, (Pender and Abott Street), Smile City Square Dental, (at City Sqaure, 12th and Cambia).... Spa Boutique and Black 2 Blonde, both at 4th ave and Dunbar in Vancouver... I got a haircut shortly before leaving, as well as a hairstyle for a fashion shoot I did 2 weeks before departure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I have had an extremely nice, grounding visit with my Brother so far, and I will see my whole family tomorrow (it has been a year since being home)
I am very happy to be here, ready to embrace this adventure and see where it leads. It is interesting to reflect that a year ago is when I watched the pageant, in part, to prepare myself in seeing what was involved in the whole experience.
And Today, Now that I am here, I can say that it has been a genuinely great year for growth and indepedence, in getting to know myself better, in strengths and weaknesses, and envisioning into ever expanding ways on how I can put my talents to good use for the big picture of affecting change and inspiring the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete